10 tips to stay in shape during the holidays
Here are 10 quick tips for how to stay in shape during the holidays and make your transition back into training easier.
- Are you one of those who have a hard time getting back to your workout routine after some time off? Try something different this year and keep on going to the gym through Christmas. It’s a great way to get some alone time and recover from all the stress that Christmas can bring. Remember, not all workouts have to be super-serious.
- If you can’t make it to the gym - no stress. You can put together a simple circuit routine at home. Easier than you think!
- If you absolutely can’t make it to the gym or have the spare time for a 15-minute circuit, try taking a walk or play with your younger family members. Just staying active in some way makes it a lot easier to get back to the gym once you are able to.
- When it’s time for Christmas food, remember to not stuff yourself in a second. Enjoy the food and flavors. It takes approximately 20 minutes to start feeling satiated which is why you should make your meals last longer by eating slower.
- Being conscious about your food choices is always important. When it comes to Christmas food some good options are: salmon, eggs, ham, turkey, nuts, homemade meatballs, potatoes, beets, fruit, and vegetables etc.
- If you drink a lot of sugary drinks try the diet/light version or skip it all together. Water is always the best choice even if you’re not working out.
- Christmas is the season of baking, but that doesn’t mean that your pastries have to be full of sugar. Here are some healthy recipes of good alternatives filled with nutrition. One of our favorites is: saffron balls.
- If you don’t have the time for baking, try our protein bars. They contain the protein you need in a convenient package and satisfies your sweet tooth. Our seasonal favorite is ginger bread.
- Are you remembering eating your fruit and vegetables? If not, check out our organic greenboost which an easy way to get exactly what you need! Green Boost
- Remember, it’s the holidays. Not going to the gym once or twice is not the end of the world. If you have other priorities during the holidays that fine, just don’t make skipping too many workouts a habit!