10 tips to stay in shape during the holidaysDecember 2015
Here are 10 quick tips for how to stay in shape during the holidays and make your transition back into training easier.
- Are you one of those who have a hard time getting back to your workout routine after some time off? Try something different this year and keep on going to the gym through Christmas. It’s a great way to get some alone time and recover from all the stress that Christmas can bring. Remember, not all workouts have to be super-serious.
- If you can’t make it to the gym - no stress. You can put together a simple circuit routine at home. Easier than you think!
- If you absolutely can’t make it to the gym or have the spare time for a 15-minute circuit, try taking a walk or play with your younger family members. Just staying active in some way makes it a lot easier to get back to the gym once you are able to.
- When it’s time for Christmas food, remember to not stuff yourself in a second. Enjoy the food and flavors. It takes approximately 20 minutes to start feeling satiated which is why you should make your meals last longer by eating slower.
- Being conscious about your food choices is always important. When it comes to Christmas food some good options are: salmon, eggs, ham, turkey, nuts, homemade meatballs, potatoes, beets, fruit, and vegetables etc.
- If you drink a lot of sugary drinks try the diet/light version or skip it all together. Water is always the best choice even if you’re not working out.
- Christmas is the season of baking, but that doesn’t mean that your pastries have to be full of sugar. Here are some healthy recipes of good alternatives filled with nutrition. One of our favorites is: saffron balls.
- If you don’t have the time for baking, try our protein bars. They contain the protein you need in a convenient package and satisfies your sweet tooth. Our seasonal favorite is ginger bread.
- Are you remembering eating your fruit and vegetables? If not, check out our organic greenboost which an easy way to get exactly what you need! Green Boost
- Remember, it’s the holidays. Not going to the gym once or twice is not the end of the world. If you have other priorities during the holidays that fine, just don’t make skipping too many workouts a habit!
Getting yourself in shape is not done overnight. It takes perseverance, dedication and time - just how much time depends on you and your habits. You might be aiming to improve your physical shape a little faster than normal if you have an event coming up or you can feel the summer just around the corner. Like with almost everything in life, if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing properly. No half measures, no short cuts, no extreme fad diets and no four-hour gym sessions. If you want to get in shape fast and stay fit over the long-term, it’s worth forming the correct habits now, so you can take a new recipe for fitness forward with you.
The dream of a sculpted and firm butt is nowadays shared by both men and women. Mother nature seems to have blessed some individuals with a stunning backside more or less for free, while others must dedicate a lot of time and effort in order to get that booty they're dreaming of.
Coconut oil is one of the quite few foods that can rightfully be included in the "superfoods" category. Its unique combination of fatty acids has a number of positive health effects, not least because of the fatty acid called lauric acid which is the most important fatty acid for humans and our general well-being. It is mainly thanks to this that coconut oil has gotten its reputation of being something as close to nature's gold since this fatty acid gives the oil its antibacterial properties and its ability to fight bacteria.